Every Clover restaurant relies on a Store Communications Lead to create an open, welcoming atmosphere centered around food. These individuals excel at working in a fast-paced restaurant environment, creating meaningful relationships with customers, and taking ownership over their store’s community and the quality of the employees they train. At the core of this role is a deep understanding of the Clover brand and mission.
The store Communications Lead is responsible for providing a world-class experience to customers, building a sense of community within their restaurant, executing company-wide communications campaigns, learning as much as they can about Clover food and sharing it broadly with customers and staff, training others and tracking their progress, and collecting feedback from customers that will help Clover become a better place.
They work full-time at a single Clover location, reporting to the manager of the location in which they work. Depending on their interest and skill level, they may also work within the Communications Department on projects relating to brand, customer experience, and design.
The ideal candidate is a huge fan of Clover, loves food and sharing it with others, has excellent verbal and written communications skills, feels comfortable giving feedback to trainees, doesn’t mind taking out the trash, and draws energy from being around people. Previous customer-facing experience is required, and experience in communications/marketing is a plus.
Compensation for this role starts at $15.50/hour and is full-time benefit eligible with tons of room for growth into leadership. This is where we develop future leaders at Clover.
- Engaging one-on-one with customers through order-taking at their home location every day
- Leading a team of order-takers through 2 day-parts per day
- Developing employees’ engagement with Clover’s food, brand, and mission via storytelling and training.
- Working with their manager to build sales and improve customer experience
- Collecting and responding to customer feedback weekly
- Maintaining retail inventory, tracking sales, and assisting in merchandising
- Aligning restaurant staff with Clover’s corporate communications team to execute weekly, monthly, and yearly communications campaigns
- Promoting events (cooking classes, beer launches, farmer visits, employee parties, etc.) through word of mouth, signage
- Attending a sequence of brand classes with Clover’s corporate communications team.
Human Resources may invite you to participate in a Practical Interview. This gives you the opportunity to interview us. Applicants experience the job hands on, get to know the staff and gain a better understand Clover culture. Additionally, we use the face-to-face interaction as an opportunity to get to know you better
- 1+ years experience in a customer-facing role at Clover or other
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A basic understanding of Clover as it relates to the food landscape of Boston and the United States
- A passion for food and a willingness to work hard
- A basic understanding of tone, voice, aesthetics, brand, and storytelling
- The ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced, non-traditional startup environment
- The ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and repeated walking, bending, stretching, and occasional lifting (up to 50lbs), with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to work a varied schedule that includes nights and weekends
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.