Frontend Developer & Designer
Clover Food Lab is looking for a design-minded Frontend Developer to join the team and help push forward the frontier of restaurant tech. The ideal candidate is product-oriented and capable of taking ownership of and implementing the end-user experience for both our internal and customer-facing applications. We have created a custom cloud-based Point of Sale system and a suite of restaurant management software to suit our unique operations model of fresh, seasonal, “supply-driven” food. Your job is to make these projects comprehensible and a joy to use!
Our customer-facing order ahead app is seeing unprecedented levels of use for our industry. This is a unique opportunity to directly positively impact the lives of our restaurant staff and simultaneously increase the convenience and fun that customers have when they choose eat with us. The work you do will help determine our ability to scale gracefully from a dozen restaurant locations today to a thousand restaurants in the not-too-distant future.
The primary responsibilities include designing, prototyping, and implementing user interfaces across the Clover Food Lab technology stack. General user interface design and development experience and the ability to quickly learn new technologies are the most important requirements. Second most important is a drive to create delightful, playful, and rewarding experiences for customers and employees alike. A lot of your work will involve designing and implementing UIs for web browsers, but there are also opportunities to work with other technologies such as React Native to help take our mobile apps to the next level.
You will work in an interdisciplinary role in close collaboration with our Systems Engineer, Marketing Department, and CEO.
- At least one years’ professional programming or design experience. Ok if self-taught with a portfolio of works.
- Extreme familiarity with CSS, DOM APIs, and the likes.
- Comfort using React and libraries from the surrounding ecosystem, or a strong interest in learning.
- Demonstrated ability to create aesthetically pleasing design specs using tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Ability to translate design specs to working interfaces under short timelines
- Ability to think strategically and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and serving diverse constituents.
- Must be able to work on several tasks concurrently.
- Must collaborate with a diverse group in a fast-paced, team-oriented and rapidly changing work environment.
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Computer of your choice and any other tech gear to make you as productive as possible (Monitor, etc)
- Annual discretionary budget for experimental tech. purchases for future development pursuits
- Eligible to participate in year end bonus program based on overall company performance metrics
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes (custom knife when you pass)
- Opportunities to attend food-sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Full health, vision and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Blue Bike Program membership
- Company paid Weekly CSA Farm Share Program
- Opportunity to learn, grow and build a meaningful career